If your loved one lives in South Florida, you need to be prepared in the event of a storm. Don’t wait until the last minute…Call us today and speak with one of our Care Managers. We will assist you in creating a hurricane or disaster plan that is just right for you and your family.
Parental Care Consultants offers extensive hurricane and disaster preparedness planning services to seniors who are vulnerable during the hurricane season. Our Care Manager's will work with you before, during and after the storm. We will ensure that your family member has a place to go if evacuated. We book blocks of rooms at a local hotel that has generator backup and a restaurant. If your family member chooses to stay at home then we will make sure they have plenty of supplies, extra medications and a caregiver if needed.
- Providing a comprehensive needs assessment and developing an emergency plan. This will involve purchasing supplies for remaining at home, helping to sign-up for a special-needs shelter, making hotel reservations or out-of-town travel arrangements.
- Communicating and staying in contact with your family or other out-of-state emergency contacts.
- Coordinating and purchasing emergency supplies.
- Remaining in contact with your family member during a hurricane watch to assure that your emergency plan is properly implemented.
- Visiting or calling your family member as soon as possible after the storm to assure their safety and wellbeing. We will also notify family members and take steps to address any needs that have arisen during and after the storm
This hurricane season make sure your loved ones are taken care of with Parental Care Consultants Hurricane Preparedness Plan.
|National Hurricane Center||Hurricane Shelters|
Living so far from an elderly parent when they are ill is a painful experience. As much as we tried to be there for her as often as possible, having Rene’ there made a world of difference, she truly went beyond our expectations.