If your loved one lives in South Florida, you need to be prepared in the event of a storm. Don’t wait until the last minute…Call us today and speak with one of our Care Managers. We will assist you in creating a hurricane or disaster plan that is just right for you and your family.
Parental Care Consultants offers extensive hurricane and disaster preparedness planning services to seniors who are vulnerable during the hurricane season. Our Care Manager's will work with you before, during and after the storm. We will ensure that your family member has a place to go if evacuated. We book blocks of rooms at a local hotel that has generator backup and a restaurant. If your family member chooses to stay at home then we will make sure they have plenty of supplies, extra medications and a caregiver if needed.
- Providing a comprehensive needs assessment and developing an emergency plan. This will involve purchasing supplies for remaining at home, helping to sign-up for a special-needs shelter, making hotel reservations or out-of-town travel arrangements.
- Communicating and staying in contact with your family or other out-of-state emergency contacts.
- Coordinating and purchasing emergency supplies.
- Remaining in contact with your family member during a hurricane watch to assure that your emergency plan is properly implemented.
- Visiting or calling your family member as soon as possible after the storm to assure their safety and wellbeing. We will also notify family members and take steps to address any needs that have arisen during and after the storm
This hurricane season make sure your loved ones are taken care of with Parental Care Consultants Hurricane Preparedness Plan.
|National Hurricane Center||Hurricane Shelters|
In August 2007, my brother and I contacted Parental Care Consultants for assistance in taking care of our parents. We met with Rene’ for several hours and on the basis of this meeting, decided to retain Parental Care Consultants without meeting with any other organizations as a basis of comparison. Rene’ was extremely knowledgeable and immediately made us feel comfortable that she would be able to accomplish what was needed with our parents. It is not talking out of school to say that our parents each had personality traits which made them difficult people to handle. During the times that dad was hospitalized, Parental Care Consultants was invaluable. I truly do not know what we would have done without your assistance. Without hesitation, I would recommend Parental Care Consultants to any family.